Family Based Mental Health Services
What is Family Based
Mental Health Services?
is a team delivered, intensive treatment service. The team, a Masters
level clinician and a Bachelor level worker, work closely with a family
and all agencies involved to decrease the need for out of home
placement. Services are provided in the
home and community, with the added capability of assisting in the school
setting. Blair Family Solutions is able to provide Family Based in both
Bedford and Blair county.
Why Family Based Mental Health Services?
* Family Based teams receive intensive training in family therapy issues and techniques.
* Ongoing supervision is provided to teams to keep treatment focused.
* Family Based provides on-call 24/7 crisis service with one of the Family Based staff members.
* Family Based works closely with families to develop
and implement change within the family
What Does Treatment Look Like?
The first 30 days the team will assess the needs of the family and child; this includes gathering information from the family and from other agencies involved.
The Family Based Team will work closely with the parents and child to develop a treatment plan that is relevant to the family.
The team will meet with the family at least one time per week, and treatment will include family and individual sessions.
The team can provide treatment to all children in the family who may have the need.
Focus of treatment is on the relationships within the family, and the parents are an integral part of treatment.
- The identified child must receive medical assistance
identified child must have emotional concerns and a mental health
diagnosis that places the child at risk of hospitalization or out of
- The family is willing to participate in a family treatment model
- Family lives in either Blair or Bedford County
For more information regarding our FBMHS please email Tabetha Hale at email@example.com or call (814)414-5119 for Blair County and Jennifer O at JenniferO@blairfamilysolutions.com
or call (814) 215-9968 for Bedford County